Utilize the blazing speed of USB 3.0 with the security of 256-bit AES Hardware Encryption with the Aegis Padlock Pro
With a software free design, secure PIN access, real-time 256-bit AES encryption and sporting USB interface, the ultra-fast Aegis Padlock Pro is the ideal drive for those that require the ultimate in security and speed.
Need to secure your data on the go? The Aegis Padlock fuses hardware data protection with a speedy USB 3.0 connection. Featuring an easy-to-use keypad design and software free setup, the Aegis Padlock enables you to access the drive with your own unique pin.
Military Grade FIPS PUB 197 Validated Encryption
Your data is protected 24/7 with AES 256-bit hardware encryption. The Aegis Padlock seamlessly encrypts all data on the drive in real-time, keeping your data safe even if the hard drive is removed from its enclosure.
Ultra-fast USB interface - Data transfer rates of up to 5Gbps
With a super speed USB 3.0 interface, you can now access your files faster than ever before. The Aegis Padlock 3.0 is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1 ports.
Brute Force Self Destruct Feature
The Aegis Padlock uses a three-pronged approach to protect against a Brute Force attack. The first step is to deny access to the drive until the drive can verify the user's PIN. After several incorrect attempts, the drive will lock itself, requiring the drive to be plugged in again to input a PIN. This feature blocks automated attempts to enter PIN numbers. Lastly, after a predetermined number of failed PIN entries, the Padlock assumes it is being attacked and will destroy the encryption key and lock itself, rendering the data useless and requiring a total reset to redeploy the drive.
Protection against hacker attempts doesn’t stop with Brute Force. Incorporated into the Aegis Padlock Pro’s electronics is Apricorn’s Variable Time Circuit (VTC) technology, working to thwart “timing attacks” aimed at accessing the drive by studying the behavior and infiltrating the Padlock’s electronics.
Software Free Design – Setup takes just minutes
With no software installation required for setup or operation and the ability to run on any platform, the Aegis Padlock provides stress-free deployment in corporate environments. Its Administrator Feature allows enrollment of up to ten unique user ID’s and one administrator, making it a useful business collaboration tool.
Wear Resistant Key Pad
Designed with protection in mind, the entire Aegis Padlock family incorporates ‘wear resistant’ keypads to hide key usage and avoid tipping off a potential hacker to the commonly used keys.
Data at Rest Protection
All data, PINs, and encryption keys are always encrypted while at rest.
- • Convenient ultra-portable design -- Ideal to take between home and the office or on trips
• Hardware Encrypted Drive - Real-time 256-bit AES encryption seamlessly encrypts all data on the drive, protecting the drive even if it is removed from its casing
- • Secure PIN Access
- • Administrator Password feature - Ideal for IT departments looking to secure their mobile users, by allowing the setup of administrator access to the drive before being distributed to their mobile user(s).
- • Bus-powered – No AC Adapter required
- • Perfect for companies dealing with sensitive information -- The Aegis Padlock Pro is the perfect option for companies that need to take sensitive information on the road, such as government or financial institutions
- • Secure mobile storage for the road warrior -- Excellent for transporting data between desktop & notebook computers, or a secure mobile storage system
- • Worry-free 3 year warranty
Documentation: Aegis Padlock Manual Download