SiForce Lightning Highlights
10X Faster Drive Imaging vs. HDD
- 8X RAIDed SSDs at 97,000 IOPs each
- Faster data processing, indexing, and read/write operations
10X Longer Life
- Enterprise SSDs last 10X longer than consumer SSDs
- Hardware protects data in the event of drive failure
9X Better Sustained Performance
- Consumer SSDs have a 90% performance drop-off under heavy load, vs. only a 10% drop-off for enterprise SSDs
- Single processing location instead of multi-drive setup
- Forensic bridge built in for quick data collection
The SiForce Lightning and Lightning X represent a giant leap forward in processing speeds for digital forensics, ediscovery, and incident response:
Forensic examiners know that “processing” an image will take several hours, or often run overnight on a standard computer workstation. Ediscovery practitioners know that “processing” one or more data sets will take several hours depending on size and data types. Incident responders know that querying data and running various plugins is extremely time consuming due to the tremendously disk-intensive tasks involved.
Enter the Siforce Lightning. The Lightning SSD RAID dramatically increases the number of read and write operations that can occur per second compared to a standard forensic workstation hard drive.
Industry respected practitioners helped design and test the Lightning systems, and those experts use the Lightning daily. They leverage EnCase, FTK, IEF, SANS SIFT Workstation, NUIX, Black Bag, and many other software tools: and by leveraging the Lightning, they can run multiple processes at once against the data – increasing throughput and ability to work on multiple data sets and/or projects simultaneously with no performance degradation.
SiForce Lightning's standard configuration leads the industry in performance. Our workstations are a step beyond the competition.
- Processes that take 12-24 hours on a standard workstation take only 4-6 hours on the Lightning
- Multiple “processes” and programs can run simultaneously on the Lightning with little to no performance decrease (unlike standard computer workstations)
- Considerably increased throughput yields an almost immediate return on investment
The SiForce Lightning packs an Intel Core i7 or Intel Core i9 processor, up to 128 GB of memory, and a powerful SSD RAID into sleek tower or rack mounted case.
A built-in Tableau forensic bridge allows for directly connecting media requiring write-block for one-off quick lookups, or for targeted or physical forensic collection. The SSD RAID makes short work of disk-intensive tasks: directory recovery, data carving, log2timeline, Volatility plugins, processing from forensic tools, ediscovery processing, data export, and load file creation has never been faster.
Forensic or Ediscovery software processing, search, and export that would take 24+ hours on a single standard computer takes only 1/3 of the time with the SiForce Lightning.
Law Enforcement Discount is Available // Designed and Built in the USA // *Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core, and Core Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Processor Intel Core i7-7820K 3.60GHz 8 Core Memory 64GB DDR4 Processing Space 3.76TB RAID (480GB SSD x8) OS Drive 256GB SSD SATA III Data Storage 4TB SATA 7200RPM Video GeForce GT 1030 2GB PCIe DP/HDMI IO Ports
- USB 3.0 (4 front, 5 rear)
- USB 2.0 (2 front, 5 rear)
- 8-channel (7.1)
- HD Audio Subsystem
- Read-only SATA port
- Read-only IDE port
- Read-only USB port
- Read-only FW800 port
- Read-only SAS port
Optical Drive Blu-Ray 16x Writing Speed and Supports BDXL (128GB) discs Display Optional: Dual 23" or 27" LED IPS Monitors Operating System Windows 10 Professional (Windows 7 or 8.1 Optional) Warranty 3 Years SiSeal Parts and Labor