MEDIACLONE SUPERWIPER DESKTOP UNIT
SuperWiper™ Desktop Unit - Erase and Format 8 SAS/SATA3 & 6 USB3.0 – Linux
The SuperWiper™ is an industrial and extremely fast 8 SAS HDD Erase/Format unit. The unit performs at a very high speed, in a very secure Linux environment, and with the most efficient, user-friendly application. The unit has a durable build with the style of a desktop, featuring an 8 channel open tray for easy hard drive insertion: 8 SATA/SATA-3 ports, 6 USB3.0 ports, and one e-SATA port. The SuperWiper™'s erase application supports both HDD multichannel erase operations as well as independent channel erase operations. The SuperWiper™'s application supports these erase protocols: DoD, Secure Erase, or user defined parameters. The user can also format hard disk drives with the choice of many different kinds of file systems including, NTFS, exFAT, FAT32, HFS+, and EX4. The SuperWiper™ application is unique in that it gives the user a max throughput of erased devices. (Erase simultaneously 8 1TB WD Blue Hard Disk Drives at average speed of 8.2GB/min).
Summary of the main features:
- SuperWiper™ application runs under Linux OS, which is more secured OS than Windows. (Also the unit has: NO network, NO Wi-Fi, NO Bluetooth)
- SuperWiper™ application runs very efficiently due to a low OS overhead, that can be observed by running 8 SATA-3 hard disk drives in parallel.
- SuperWiper™ application is simple and easy to use; all designed with a touch screen icons and in few clicks, the user can be set and up and running.
- SuperWiper™ application uses all the 8 CPU cores in a very efficient way.
- SuperWiper™ application supports Secure Erase, which is very important for SSD drive's erase.
- SuperWiper™ unit has 6 USB 3.0 ports.
- SuperWiper™ has a built in 8 bay open tray drive caddy, and user can plug any SAS/SATA 2.5” and 3.5” drives without the need for extra cost of special caddies.
- SuperWiper™ application use continues mode of operation, in which each port is independent of other ports. The user can plug a HDD in one port and start erase, when the erase is completed, plug another HDD and start another erase operation.
- SuperWiper™ application can formats HDD with: NTFS, ex-FAT, FAT32, HFS+(Mac), EXT4(Linux) and (MBR, GPT, and MAC).
*It is strongly recommended to use Secure Erase - the safe and best way to erase drives!*
- Dedicated Secure Unit: Erases and Formats storage devices (HDD, SSD, USB storage device, Multi-Media-Cards).
- 8 Channel HDD Open Tray: An easy to insert and plug tray, that accommodates any size and shape of HDD and storage devices, yielding power status LED indicators.
- Display: 8-inch (800x600) resistive touch screen color LCD mounted on a display pad that can be adjusted for hieghts and angle of view (It also has an external VGA connector).
- Application: Intuitive touch GUI with large icons and easy navigation.
- OS: Linux.
- Security: Linux OS. NO Network port. NO Wi-Fi connectivity NO Bluetooth, the unit has total isolation from potential malicious Malware.
- Erase Hard Disk Drive Protocols: The user can choose to erase the following HDD: DoD 5220-22M specs, Secure Erase (if the HDD supports it), or set their own erase pattern and number of iterations.
- Supports Eraser from Various Form Factor Devices: 3.5 inch, 2.5 inch, ZIF, 1.8 inch IDE, Micro-SATA, Mini-SATA.
- Support Interfaces: SAS/SATA/IDE/e-SATA, and USB. (User will need to purchase optional IDE kit to support IDE drives)
- Erase Multi-Media-Cards: Supports SD/CompactFlash/Memory Stick/ microSD with the use of a Multi-Media-Card reader via USB port.
- Continuous Mode: The user can run continuous erase operations with a multi-session operation. (The number of sessions are limited to the number of available CPU cores (8 for this unit). Each port, whether SAS/SATA or USB, can be used as an independent session for the erase operation. The user plugs a device into a port and can then run a session with the erase operation on the selected port. The user can abort the operation in the middle of the run, independent of other running sessions. When an erase session is completed, the user can continue to remove the erased device from the port and replace it with another device that needs erasing. All of this is possible while other sessions are still continuously running.
- Batch Mode: The user can select and run a single session with certain ports and devices. For example, you can combine all 8 channels into one session.
- Port Operation Screen Status: Each session/port has its own update status screen, where the user can view in real-time the updated progress of the operation.
- Log Files: Can be exported to external USB storage devices.
- Partition Table: Master Boot Record(MBR), GPT, MAC.
- File System: NTFS, ex-FAT, FAT32, HFS+(Mac), EXT4(Linux)